King Ford Prod. V8 4.6L/5.4L Will Not Fit GT500 (Size STD) Performance Main Bearing Set
Main Bearing HP Series; Bi-Metal Performance
alecular (racing line)
The HP series was developed mainly for drag race applications needing a material that is harder than the Babbitt top layer. These applications demanded a structure that could withstand high loads for short duration and still offer higher embedabilty and compatibility. In response, KING developed the HP Series featuring the Alecular™ metal structure.
The HP series is also suited for many performance applications with nodular cast iron crankshafts, such as street, strip and some levels of circle track racing.
All King Bearings are specifically engineered to withstand the highest loads and RPMs generated by today’s top competition engines. All King Performance Engine Bearings feature:
* *“Bull’s Eye Tolerance”*. King engine bearings have the closest wall tolerances in the industry, with all shells matched to 0.0001".
* *Increased Height.* Greater rod bearing height improves bearing-to-bore contact/heat transfer and reduces spin potential at high RPM.
* *Improved Oiling.* Mains feature enlarged, chamfered oil holes.
* *Medium Eccentricity.* This enables optimum load distribution and improved oiling.
* *Dowel Holes.* Most rod bearings are available with or without dowel holes.
* *Narrowed Design.* Mains and rods are narrowed for large-radius crankshafts.
We offer the industry’s widest selection of sizes, including special clearance options. With more choices than ever, you’ll find the right King High Performance Engine Bearings for your most demanding applications.
*HP series is particularly suitable for the following cases:*
* When a tri-metal bearing’s Babbitt overlay extrudes over the sides, migrates to one end, or is physically removed by the crankshaft
* When the intermediate layer of a tri-metal bearing is exposed, damaging the crank journal and requiring expensive grinding or replacement
* When Contaminants enter the oil stream, scratching and damaging the crankshaft journals
*King HP Bearings Features*
* High-load, short-duration racing such as drag racing, tractor pulls, monster trucks, etc.
* Medium-load, long-duration racing such as circle track engines using nodular cast iron crankshafts
Bi-metal aluminum silicon alloy featuring fine micro-bore finish
* 0.015" thick top layer for superior macro particle embedability and conformability
* 40 Vickers hardness to resist overlay migration and extrusion
* 450°F heat threshold for superior protection against friction and overheating
* Mains are 3/4 grooved for improved oiling to the rod journals