Xtreme-Grip™ Watts Link System, 2005-2014 S197 Mustang, Street
The watts link replaces the panhard bar in a few simple bolt-on steps for ease of DIY installation.
A watts linkage locates the rear axle laterally, meaning it prevents relative sideways motion between the axle and body of the car.
- Improve dynamic stability
- Increase cornering grip
- Ability to tune front/rear balance of vehicle
- Less lateral tire movement allowing larger tire fitment
*Shipping times may vary based on stock status and/or level of customization, if any. Contact us and we are glad to help with more specifics on your product.
Four possible pivot location points of the center pivot, which is the rotation center of the rear of the vehicle. Moving it up or down relative to the center of gravity of the vehicle allows the roll stiffness of the suspension to be changed. This enables balancing the front-to-rear grip of the vehicle so that the desired handling can be achieved.
The CorteX Watts link mod is an improvement over a panhard bar because it more closely approximates the vertical straight-line motion of the axle assembly allowing the vehicle to behave symmetrically in left and right-hand corners.
Unique Xtreme-Grip Watts Link System Features
- Adjustable, lightweight, yet extremely durable.
- Poly end link on the chassis to reduce NVH (noise)
A revolutionary differential cover, exclusive to CorteX
- Incorporates watts pivot mount as well as provision for a differential cooler and temperature sensor.
- Fast adjustment of the rear roll center
- Makes balancing the car easier than ever
The watts link is ideally paired with CorteX coil-over systems and the optional adjustable front anti-roll bar, ARB-40-1003
Note: There are two models of the watts link are available for the 2005-2014 Mustangs: Street or Track
- The street system utilizes poly bushings on the chassis pivot connection to minimize noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH).
- The track system CWL-40-2000, has a spherical bearing at all pivot points to minimize friction and deflection.
**2013-2014 GT500 Owners please see the optional plumbing kit that includes the fitting and hose needed to reconnect your OEM differential cooler to our watts differential cover. We have added a threaded port for the temperature sensor for OEM installations.
- DIFFERENTIAL COOLER PLUMBING KIT
- 2013-2014 GT500 OEM Diff Cooler plumbing connection Kit
- DIFFERENTIAL BREATHER KIT
- Catch Tank, Fittings, and Hose