2007 - 2009 Shelby GT & GT500 "SHELBY" Emblem Letters & Template
Emblem Template for the 2007-09 GT >500. Put the emblem where it belongs, centered across the back not on the side. Trying to position these letters in the correct location can be a pain! So a template was developed to make installation a breeze.. Easy to use and easy to remove. Also can be used along the front hood edge, so you may want to.
The template is made out of vinyl and is designed with markers to help you lay it out correctly.
Things you will need:
Spray bottle with water and soap.
Spray detailer or wax
Fishing line (if removing old lettering to be reused)
Heat gun (optional)
Step#1 This entire process can be tedious, take your time and do it once!
Remove the stock lettering, this is easiest done with fishing line getting behind the lettering to the tape. Having a heat gun to heat up the letters will make the adhesive softer and easier to cut. Use care to not scratch your paint. Once the letters are removed you will have old tape and adhesive left, this is easiest removed with the heat gun and an adhesive remover such as "Goof off". Once the letters are removed you maybe able to see a ghost/shadow of where the letters were. More often then not a good detailer can get this back to looking OEM and blending in.
2) Now take your spray bottle with the lubrication fluid (soap and water), apply a generous amount to the deck lid. Now
remove the template from the backing paper and spray the back of the template with the solution also. This will make
adjusting the template easier once on the vehicle. Position the template on the deck lid.
3) Position the template with the line in the center of the 3rd brake light. The brake light has a little circle that is the center of
4) Now measure across all of the letters to ensure you are the same distance from the spoiler for the length of the template.
You should have exactly 2 inches from the edge of the spoiler to the template. Readjust as needed and verify the
measurements. TAKE YOUR TIME!!!
5) Carefully dry off the areas where the letters will go, pull off the backing from the letters one at a time. Install the letters in
the appropriate areas, center the letters in the template holes. Use great care doing this because the letters are very
difficult to move once stuck.
6) Remove the template, use quick detailer and a microfiber towel to clean up the soapy water.
You're all done!